Places Scout Update Version 2.8.1 has just been released!
Included in this update is a fix for gathering Maps Results, as well as support for gathering the new local 3-Pack results and other bug fixes / improvements.
Places Scout Version 2.8.1 Release Notes
- FIXED – Gathering Maps Results
- NEW – Added support for parsing results from the new Google 3-Pack that appears for certain searches (restaurants, hotels, etc).
- NOTE: These new result types are now labeled as ‘Local 3-Pack’
- NOTE: To track Local 3-Pack Rankings, you MUST include the exact business name in the ‘Exact Business Name’ box when creating / editing a ranking report, as local 3-Pack results do not contain a website URL in the HTML of the result so we have to fall back on tracking by business name for these results.
- FIXED – Calculating Distance from Center
- FIXED – Properly parsing address data in some cases where only certain parts of the address are available
- FIXED – In the Find Local Clients module, in certain cases data from a different business would be displayed for some results due to a bug where Google has an incorrect +Local page link for that result (one that points to a business that is not the current result). Logic has been added to detect this case which fixes this issue.
- FIXED – Parsing Review Date for Google+ Reviews
- FIXED – Proper parsing of review text when a review has an owner response for Google+
- FIXED – Gathering Estimated Employees and Years in Business in the Find Local Clients Module
- IMPROVED – Improved the Speed of Loading Gridview XML Data when disabling map markers
Places Scout Development Team