Places Scout Update Version 2.8.0 has just been released! |
Included in this update are numerous bug fixes, new features and improvements across the board, as well as support for the latest Firefox Version 32.x.
Visit Places Scout at SMX East!
If you are attending SMX East, we invite you to stop by Booth #431 and say hello, as we would love to meet all of our customers attending the conference in person.
Places Scout Version 2.8.0 Release Notes
- FIXED / SUPPORT ADDED – Places Scout now works properly with the latest Firefox Version 32.x
- SUPPORT ADDED – You can now choose to gather data from the new Google Maps.
- NOTE: The setting to gather results from the new Maps under the 'General' settings section, and is true by default.
- NEW – You can now select multiple Grid View XML files when loading previously stored data in the Find Local Clients module!
- This new feature allows you to aggregate results from multiple scrapes into one data file for processing.
- IMPROVED - Added support for detecting Owner Verified for each +Local page by checking for verified icon on the page
- FIXED – Parsing Facebook Likes and Checkins in the Find Local Clients Module
- NOTE: The ‘FB People Talking About’ column has been removed because this data is no longer available from Facebook
- FIXED – Parsing Maps Result Website Link for keywords that generate a single Maps Result
- FIXED – Faster processing of keywords that generate a single Maps Result in the New Google Maps
- FIXED – The Result Count label is now updated properly when filters change when using custom filtering
- FIXED – Parsing Average Rating from Kudzu
- IMPROVED – Various performance enhancements have been made when gathering SERP results
Places Scout Development Team